Sunday, July 3, 2011

Spring Rolls

I'v made the spring rolls that I love so much, however they aren' tthe same as the one's I buy at Clafouti.  Clafouti is a little diner across the street from my work.  It's an amazing place, the food is always fresh and good.  The prices are great too.

Their spring rolls are made with shrimp and chicken... not together thank goodness as I don't like shrimp.

Rice noodles
Coriander
Carrots
Soy Beans
Mint
Lettuce

and Rice paper of course.

Soak the rice noodles with Warm water so that they become soft and don't stick together, rinse under cold water and drain.

wet the rice paper on both sides with hot tap water, shake off any excess water and set on a plate to sit for a minute or so,  gather your ingredients and place in the bottom center of the rice paper.. fold in on the ends and roll the sides.  Easy as pie... but you need to get the nack for it... take a look at the huge roll in the center of my plate... that was the first one I made  LOL it's a funny looking one.  Ideally they all should be that size and well wrapped but I only made 5 of them as I am only one person to eat them, no need to over eat.




I also made peanut butter sauce but couldn't get it to be a thin sauce even with the hoisen sauce added to it.  Bit it was good none the less.  Will have to tweak it some more.

1 comment: