Tuesday, January 4, 2011

tonights made up soup

I came home tonight and thought about  making soup.  I had some sweet potatos in the fridge and bought 2 large leeks, I had some dill in the fridge and some garlic.

This soup was - shall I say IS fantastic.

Shana's soup...

1 large leek sliceds
2 medium size sweet potatos
2 large cloves garlic
4 handfuls of barley (to thicken)
2 small Bay Leafs
Dill sprigs choped into 2 inch peices
2 thick carrots sliced into 1/4 inch peices
salt and pepper to taste.
swirl of olive oil


Put 1 Liter of water (you could use vegetable stock, chicken stock if you have some- it would have been tastier if I had vegy stock!) and chopped sweet potatos to cook once soft enough to mash with potato masher -
Mash into smaller chuncks.
Add the Barley
Add Bay Leaf and Leek slices and stir
Add garlic, chopped carrots and some salt and pepper
Add dill sprigs (this gives a nice flavor with the sweet potatos)
Add the Barley
Mash some more and let simmer for the flavors to blend

Add salt and pepper and a swirl of olive oil

I believe this soup will be better the second day.

I can't believe I forgot to photograph it.... I'm ashamed.  :) Next time. Maybe i'll be able to take a photo of  it in the pot..

Hope you like it. A Happy Tummy is a Happy Person

No comments:

Post a Comment